When you search for people on Instagram, a record of your search is saved. It doesn’t matter if you used a name or a tag; everything is saved in your search history.
You may be concerned at times because whenever you search for something, it always returns results from the past. You can easily clean your Instagram history using three simple methods.
Steps to clear Instagram search history
Instagram is available for both Android and iOS devices. In this article, we will show you how to clear Instagram history on Android and iPhone.
The following are the steps to clear the Instagram search history on Android:
- Launch Instagram: Open the Instagram app on your Android phone.
- Sign in: Enter your email address or username, as well as a password, to begin the login process.
- After logging in, look for and tap on the person icon in the lower-right corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars as follows: Tap on the three horizontal lines in the top-right corner of the profile page.
- Select Settings: In the lower-right corner, there is a gear icon that you should tap.
- Turn on the search history: There are a few choices in that list, but choose “search history.”
- After tapping, you should see a link that says “clear search history,” which you should click.
- Clear history: You will then see a pop-up asking you to clear your history. Simply select “yes, I’m certain.”
If you examine your searching icon, you’ll notice that all of the material you searched for has been erased.
Here are some simple methods for erasing your Instagram search history:
- Launch the app: Open the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Log in: Enter your email address or username and password to log in.
- Select the profile icon: A profile icon can be found in the lower-right corner.
- Settings: You’ll notice a settings icon in the top-right corner, which you should tap.
- Select “clear search history” from the drop-down menu: After tapping, you’ll be presented with a number of options, one of which is to delete your search history.
- Delete your previous searches: A pop-up window will appear, requesting that you clear your history. Simply click on that.
You may notice that your history has vanished. If you go to the search bar to double-check, you’ll notice that anything you searched for has been completely removed. That concludes the procedure for deleting your Instagram search history.