Spotify is a music streaming service that offers two types of accounts: a free, ad-supported version and a paid version. Music without ads, high audio quality, and the ability to download music for offline listening are just a few of the benefits of the premium account over the free account. The premium account normally costs $9.99 per month. However, there are a few different ways to get a Spotify premium account for free! We’ll go over how to get a Spotify premium account for free without resorting to shady methods in this blog post. Let’s get this party started!
What Is Spotify
There are more than 365 million Spotify users right now. It can be accessed from both a desktop and a mobile device. Users can listen to music both on and off the internet. Spotify also has a Premium account, which includes ad-free streaming, no ads on mobile devices, and no interruptions while listening to music. Users can also listen to music offline and access over 30 million tracks with a Premium account.
Is Spotify Free
Yes, Spotify is a completely free service. However, there are several drawbacks to using the free account, including advertisements and a monthly limit on how many hours you can listen to music. Upgrade to a Spotify Premium account for $9.99 per month to remove these restrictions and gain access to additional features such as ad-free streaming and offline listening.
Why You’ll Get More out of Spotify with a Premium Account
There are several benefits to having a free Spotify premium account. The first is that you have access to all premium account features. This means you can listen to music without advertisements, download music to listen to offline, and use the Spotify premium app on your phone or other devices.
Another advantage is that you can show your support for your favorite musicians by listening to their music on Spotify. When you listen to an artist’s music on Spotify, you are helping to support their career and increasing the likelihood of new music being released.
Finally, by obtaining a Spotify premium free account, you can contribute to the competitiveness of the streaming music industry. This means Spotify will have to provide better features and deals to its users in order to prevent them from switching to other streaming services.
So, if you’re looking for a fun way to listen to music while also supporting your favorite artists, sign up for a free Spotify premium account today!
Types Of Spotify Subscriptions
Spotify subscriptions are divided into three categories:
Spotify’s basic, ad-supported edition is free. You can create your own playlists as well as listen to any artist, album, or playlist on-demand.
Premium: This is a paid subscription that includes all of Spotify’s features, such as ad-free music listening, offline playback, and higher-quality audio.
A family subscription is a paid subscription that can be shared by up to six people. It includes all of the Premium subscription’s features.
What You Need to Do to Get a Free Premium Spotify Account
Upgrade to Spotify Premium for a variety of compelling reasons. Many consumers cannot afford to pay a monthly fee for music streaming services. You’ll learn how to get a Spotify Premium free account using these methods, and the best part is that they’re all legal.
Borrow an Account
Borrowing an account from a friend or family member is one way to get a Spotify Premium free account. If you know someone with a Premium subscription, you can ask them for their login information and use their account for free. If you only need Spotify for a short time, such as for a special event or a limited trial, this is a great option.
If you have paid for the Premium plan, you can log in to your account on multiple devices. The number of people who can use the same Spotify Premium account at the same time is limited. Let’s say you’re trying to listen to Spotify while someone else is using your account. In that case, a pop-up notification will appear, informing you that the account has already been used on another device. Fortunately, “Offline Mode” is available as a workaround.” This is how you do it:
- From the Spotify Home page, select Settings (the gear symbol in the upper right corner of your screen).
- Playback should be selected.
- Tap the “Offline” button to enable offline mode. When you return to your song library, any tracks you haven’t downloaded will be greyed out and unplayable.
Keep these things in mind if you’re thinking about getting Spotify Premium for free by using someone else’s account.
- To begin, you are limited to a total of 10,000 favorite songs for offline playback on up to five devices.
- Second, because a standard Spotify Premium plan is designed for a single user, you can expect your Spotify algorithm to be a mix of your music preferences and those of your friends. As a result, no personalized Discover Weekly playlists or suggestions will be sent to you.
- Furthermore, your Spotify Wrapped will not reflect your previous year’s listening habits. Because it doesn’t differentiate between your own music-streaming habits and those of other users or friends.
Inquire about obtaining a Spotify Premium Gift Card
You can request a Spotify Premium Gift Card if you want a free Spotify Premium account. When you use this gift card, you’ll get Spotify Premium for free for the first month. It can be used to gain access to all of Spotify’s premium features, such as unlimited song listening and downloading. Furthermore, you will be able to remove the advertisements that are normally displayed in the free version.
The duration of a Spotify Premium gift card is determined by the amount. The cheapest gift card, which costs $10 and includes a month of Spotify Premium, is now available. A 30-dollar one is also available, which is valid for three months. The 60-dollar and 99-dollar options are your best bets if you want to make a long-term investment in anything. Each of these cards includes a six-month Spotify Premium trial as well as a one-year subscription.
Spotify Premium gift cards are available from a variety of retailers and online retailers, including Target, PayPal, Amazon, and Walmart, and are valid for one year. These gift cards, however, can only be used to purchase Premium Individual subscriptions; they cannot be used to purchase Premium Student, Family Mix, or Duo subscriptions. Additionally, your Spotify account’s region or country settings must match the location where the gift card was received.
To get Spotify Premium features with a gift card, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Spotify at spotify.com/redeem and wait for the code to appear on your screen.
- By carefully scraping the top portion of the card away from the back, you can remove it.
- It is necessary to enter the PIN or premium code found on the receipt.
- Select Redeem from the drop-down menu.
That’s all there is to it. You now have access to Spotify Premium for free. If you were using the free version of Spotify before redeeming the gift card, your membership will automatically revert to that status once the gift card’s value has been spent. However, if you already had a paid Spotify Premium account, you’ll either have to pay the regular fee or cancel it.
Get a free month of Spotify Premium
You can sign up for a one-month free trial of Spotify Premium if you’ve never used it before. This offer is valid for Premium Individual, Student, Family, and Duo subscriptions.
So, now that you’ve used up your free Spotify Premium trial, what’s next? You can check your Receipts page and/or your email for any previous Spotify contact until then. You can get a free trial by following these steps once you’ve double-checked that you’re eligible:
- Use your email address and password to log in. To get started, go to Spotify’s website and click “Start a free trial.”
- On the left side of the screen, select “Account.” Then select “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Then you’ll see “Subscription” and “Plan.” By clicking “Change plan,” you can choose a plan or change it.
Credit, debit, and PayPal are all acceptable methods of payment.
- The option “Start my Spotify premium” must be chosen. After that, you’ll be directed to a page where Spotify will confirm your status as a Premium subscriber.
During the trial, you can change to another Spotify Premium plan at any time. However, doing so may result in your trial being terminated prematurely. Also keep in mind that after your one-month free trial period expires, Spotify will charge you for the Premium plan you selected.
Spotify will charge you for your chosen plan after the trial period has ended. If you choose to keep Spotify Premium, this is to prevent fraud and ensure a smooth transition to the premium version. If you don’t want to keep using Spotify after the trial period has ended, you can cancel it before it ends.
Buy a Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet
If you live in the United States and own a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, you can get Spotify Premium features for free. To be eligible for this promotion, you must purchase the device between May 4, 2021, and May 3, 2022. The deal must be redeemed by May 3, 2022, after that date. You can get Spotify Premium for $0.00 for three months if you use this code. Here’s how to put it to use:
- Open the preinstalled Spotify premium app on your Samsung Galaxy device. If you don’t already have it on your phone or tablet, you can get it from the Google Play Store.
- If you already have a Spotify account, sign in. If you don’t have an account yet, click “Sign Up Free.”
- Choose “Premium” from the drop-down menu when you right-click on your phone’s screen.
- Select “Spotify Premium for Samsung” from the menu.
- To take advantage of the offer, click “Try 3-Month Free.”
Then you can begin your three-month trial period. However, there are a few things to keep in mind before you take advantage of this offer.
- This promotion is the only way to get Spotify Premium if you’ve never had it before.
- Additionally, Spotify will automatically charge you after the three-month free trial period has expired. As a result, if you don’t want to be charged using the previous method, cancel your membership before the trial period ends.
Samsung has already made similar offers. In 2020, customers who bought a Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone were given a free six-month trial. So keep your eyes peeled for future offers, as the company may make another after 2021.
Get an AT&T Subscription
AT&T customers may be eligible for a free Spotify Premium account. They can also choose from HBO, Pandora, and Showtime, to name a few. Let’s look at how to get a free Spotify Premium account from AT&T.
- Create an AT&T Watch TV account if you don’t already have one.
- Select Premium from the drop-down menu.
- -> After clicking ‘finalize the order,’ click the confirmation link that appears.
When prompted by the pop-up window, select “Visit Spotify.” Go to your Spotify account and sign in.
- To begin, tap the “I agree” box, followed by the “Start a subscription now” box.
After that, you can listen to whatever music you want for free with Spotify Premium.
Pay with PayPal
Using PayPal to sign up for a Spotify Premium account is another simple way to get free Spotify Premium legally. When you sign up with PayPal, you’ll get a free Premium trial for the first three months. Before the three-month trial period ends, you can cancel your membership at any time.
To sign up for Spotify Premium using PayPal, you must have a verified PayPal account. You can get a three-month free Spotify Premium subscription by following these instructions after your PayPal account has been verified.
- Start Spotify on your smartphone.
- In the bottom right corner of the app, tap the Premium option.
- “Get Premium” should be selected. Then a page with payment information will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, choose PayPal as a payment method. If you choose PayPal as your payment method, Spotify will take you to the PayPal website to complete the transaction.
This PayPal deal is only available to you if you’ve never used Spotify Premium before. This offer is only available to people who have never paid for Spotify. You can also use this offer to try out Spotify Premium’s Individual plan.
Sign up for an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription
Another option is to get a free Spotify Premium subscription by signing up for an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate membership and using your Xbox Live Gold membership. A basic subscription costs $14.99 per month, but if you sign up for an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription, you’ll get four months of access to over 100 Xbox games, cloud gaming, and special offers. You’ll get a four-month free trial of Spotify Premium if you haven’t already.
Here’s how to take advantage of the deal:
- On your phone, computer, or game console, launch the Xbox Game Pass premium app.
- From the Perks menu, select a perk.
- As a reward, use Spotify Premium.
- Go to the Spotify website and click on a link to activate your free four-month trial. Alternatively, if you have an Xbox with Kinect, you can use your phone’s camera to scan the QR code printed on your receipt.
You’ll find a Spotify Premium coupon in the Xbox Message Center. However, you may need to be patient because the code may take up to ten business days to arrive.
Work for Starbucks
Of course, there are a variety of other reasons why you might want to join the Starbucks team. The firm’s goals and objectives may be similar to yours. It’s possible that their offerings will appeal to you. You may also benefit from the free Spotify Premium account that comes with becoming a Starbucks employee.
Starbucks Partners (employees) have access to Spotify for free as part of their job. To begin, take the following steps:
- Log in to your Spotify account first. Visit the Spotify website to create a free account if you don’t already have one.
- Get Spotify by going to Spotify’s Partner Provisioning Portal and clicking “Get Premium.” You consent to this website connecting your Spotify account by clicking “Agree.”
- Verify your last name on the verification page using your Starbucks Global User Name (the two-character country code and your partner number).
So there you have it! You’ve completed the registration process. In a few moments, your subscription will be active. It’s possible that this will take several hours.
If you previously subscribed to Spotify Premium before becoming a Starbucks Partner, you must cancel your Spotify membership before becoming a Starbucks Partner. To use Spotify for free, make sure your account has been downgraded to the free version.
It is necessary to use Spotify at least once a month in order for it to remain active. If you don’t log in within the specified time frame, your account will revert to the basic version. Simply reactivate your Premium membership if you discover it has been suspended.
How to Save Money on a Premium Spotify Subscription
There are several legal ways to get Spotify Premium for free, but there are also a few options for getting the premium streaming service at a discounted price. We’ll show you a few examples in this section.
Use Raise and Rakuten to buy a Spotify Premium Gift Card
Cashback sites like Raise and Rakuten may be able to help you get Spotify Premium for a lower price. When you buy Spotify Premium gift cards through Raise and have them delivered to you, you can save up to 4.5 percent. If you choose the cash back option, you’ll get 5% back on your Spotify Premium gift card purchase price. In addition, as a welcome gift, the premium app gives you a one-time $10 credit.
Sign up for a Rakuten account and link it to your Raise account to get cheaper Spotify gift cards. The Rakuten gateway is the best way to get the best deal, so use it first before switching to Raise. In addition, you’ll receive a 1% Raise cashback bonus. Rakuten, like Raise, gives new customers a ten-dollar bonus that can be used toward the purchase of a gift card.
Make use of the Spotify Premium Student Plan
If you’re a student, you can get Spotify Premium for $4.99 on a half-priced Individual plan. Showtime and Hulu’s ad-supported plans are also included in the subscription.
Spotify’s Premium Student plan is only available to students under the age of 18 who are enrolled in college or university. This requires proof of enrollment or access to your college or university’s portal. SheerID will handle your verification after that. If you’re switching from Spotify Premium Individual to Student, you’ll need to cancel your current membership first. You must wait until the end of your current billing cycle to sign up for Spotify Premium Student.
Every year, you’ll need to reactivate your Premium Student membership to keep using the service. The plan can only be used for four years before it expires, and it can only be renewed three times. Remember that you can’t pay for the plan with your phone bill or through your internet service provider.
After you leave school or graduate, your Spotify Student subscription will not be automatically terminated. If you can’t renew your membership at the end of the trial period, you’ll be able to use it as long as you’re within the previous year. Your Spotify Premium Student subscription has run out.
A Spotify Premium Duo Plan
Couples who live together can also get a discount on Spotify Premium. That does not, however, limit your listening options to the privacy of your own home. If Spotify verifies that you and your friend share the same home address, it’s just like having a standard Spotify Premium membership. If you already have Spotify Premium, which costs $9.99 per month or $19.99 per month for a Spotify premium family plan with up to six people, you can get a two-year subscription to Spotify premium Duo for only $12.99 per month, saving you around $7 over two separate accounts.
You get all of the benefits of a Spotify Individual membership in a more affordable package with Spotify Duo. The Duo Mix, on the other hand, collects all of your joint streaming activities with the other user into a single, personalized playlist.
Only one user can use Spotify Premium Duo at a time. Follow these simple instructions.
- Sign in or create a Spotify premium account using the Spotify premium app or website.
- Select “Spotify Premium Duo” from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Simply click the “Invite New Person” button to add a new participant to your plan. By selecting that option, you can send them an invitation link, send them an email, or communicate with them via Messenger or WhatsApp.
- For the original user, accepting the invitation while at home is now required. You’ll be able to use your Spotify premium Duo plan with each other after that.
Get a Free Family Subscription to Spotify Premium
One of the premium subscription plans is Spotify Premium for Families. This service’s subscription fees are higher than those of other services. Nonetheless, it allows six people to use Spotify features if they live in the same house.
If this is the case, a family account can be used to get Spotify for free. You can ask a family member or friend who already has a Spotify Premium for Family membership for an invite. You could also find five people who already have a Spotify account and ask them if they’d be interested in upgrading to a family plan. This method can be used by anyone to save money.
On Groupon, Spotify Premium discounts are often available.
Spotify Premium can be purchased for a reduced price through Groupon, which is simple and legal. The Groupon app has promo codes and special prices on almost everything. On the app’s subscription page, you can get free Spotify trials and discounts of up to 50%.
To take advantage of these discounts, you must be a member of Groupon. Search the main section for “Spotify premium” to see what else is available. Keep an eye out for Groupon coupons and take advantage of them as soon as you see one.
Follow these steps to redeem your Spotify Premium Groupon:
- Go to the Groupon website or open the Groupon app on your phone. Before you begin, make sure you’re logged in.
- To verify your identity, go to My Groupons and sign in.
- There are several Groupon deals to choose from, so keep your eyes peeled. Then, from the drop-down menu that appears, select “View Details.”
- Follow the instructions in “How to Use” to take advantage of the offer.
Be on the lookout for free Spotify Premium Promo Codes on social media
Spotify Premium discount codes are just one of the many things you can find on social media. When businesses collaborate with other organizations (such as Spotify) to offer discounts and freebies, they frequently announce it on their official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages. Subreddits like the Freebies subreddit may have a Spotify voucher.
To ensure that the promo code is genuine, look for a blue checkmark at the end. Real promo codes include fine print such as expiration dates and promotional exclusions.
Spotify Premium is an excellent option. The ability to listen to high-quality music without interruption is a dream come true for many people. Regrettably, not everyone will be able to afford it. However, as we’ve shown in this article, there are several ways to get Spotify Premium for free or at a reduced price. All of this just adds fuel to the fire.