Formula One, abbreviated as F1, is an international auto racing competition. It is the highest level of professional single-seat, open-wheel, and open cockpit motor racing. You can watch all Formula 1 races on the go with the F1 TV app. With an active subscription, you can watch live and on-demand videos on F1 TV. F1 TV is available on Android, iPhone, and streaming devices such as the Amazon Firestick. F1 TV can also be streamed to your TV using Chromecast.
Do you want to know how to get F1’s premium content? You simply need to purchase an F1 TV subscription. The monthly fee is $2.99, and the annual fee is $26.99. You can stream all of the live races from F1, F2, and F3, as well as team radios, race highlights, tire usage history, live driver maps, and more, with the subscription.
How to watch F1 on TV using Chromecast?
You can cast videos to Chromecast in an older version of F1 TV. However, the Cast feature has been added in the most recent update. So, if you’re using an older version of the F1 TV app, go to the Play Store or App Store and update it.
How to Chromecast F1 TV Using Smartphones
You can cast the F1 TV app to Chromecast or any Chromecast compatible TV using the steps below for both Android and iOS devices.
- Launch the latest version of the F1 TV app on your smartphone.
- If prompted, log in with your Formula 1 account.
- Select any of the race videos from the app and play them.
- Tap the Cast icon on the playback screen.
- You’ll see a list of casting devices. Select your Chromecast device by tapping on it.
- The race will then appear on your television.
How to cast F1 TV using Chrome browser?
- Launch Chrome and navigate to https://f1tv.formula1.com/.
- Use the credentials to log in to your account.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the three-dotted icon. From the menu, select the Cast option.
- The browser will look for and display any available device names. Select Sources from the drop-down box.
- Select the Cast tab, then the Chromecast device.
- Now select your favorite video and watch it on TV.
F1 TV Chromecast Not Working
There could be an issue with the F1 TV app if it isn’t working properly while casting. Try again after updating the F1 TV app on your smartphone. If the Cast icon does not appear for you, you can use your Android or iOS smartphone to screen mirror the F1 TV app.
Alternate Way to Chromecast F1 TV using Android phone
- Make sure your smartphone is connected to the same WiFi network as your Chromecast.
- On your Android phone, drag down from the top to open the Notification Centre.
- From your Notification Center, select the Cast icon.
(Note: If the Cast icon isn’t visible, go to Settings -> Bluetooth & Device Connection -> Cast.)
- From the list of devices that appears on your screen, choose your Chromecast device.
- A pop-up warning will appear, alerting you to the possibility of sensitive data being mirrored as well. To continue, click the Start Now button.
- The screen of your smartphone will be mirrored on your television. Open F1 TV and select the video you want to watch on your TV.
How to Screen Mirror F1 TV using iPhone/iPad
- Join the same WiFi network as your iPhone/iPad and Chromecast.
- Download and open the Replica app from the App Store on your device.
- Select the Chromecast device from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Start Broadcast button to begin the broadcast.
- The screen of your iPhone will appear on the television. Start streaming the video you want to see on the TV using the F1 TV app.
These are the various ways to use Chromecast to stream content from the F1 TV app to your television. If you’re a Formula One fan, this is the best way to watch it on a Chromecast. With an active subscription, the F1 TV app allows you to stream far more than you might expect.
Are you still having problems? Please leave your question in the comments section below. We can be found on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. You can also ask your questions there.