Zoom Cloud Meetings is a web-based video conferencing tool that has a desktop client and a mobile app. It lets the user have face-to-face meetings with coworkers and employees without having to meet in person. It has a lot of different features, like setting up meetings, recording the sessions, sharing the session screen with other people, and more. Zoom meetings can be cast to a Roku so that you can watch them on a bigger TV screen.
Is the Zoom Cloud Meetings app available for Roku?
Not at all. The Zoom Meetings app is not on the Roku Channel Store. Casting is the only way to watch Zoom Meetings on Android or Windows phones. If you want to do that, you’ll need to turn on Screen Mirroring on the Roku streaming device.
Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku
- Connect your Roku to your TV. Then, on the home screen, click Settings.
- Find the Screen mirroring (beta) menu in the System settings. Click on it.
- Tap the screen mirroring button.
Note: Check out this note: Screen mirroring was in beta mode when it first came out. All Roku users can now use it.
To watch Zoom meetings on a TV connected to a Roku, you can use either an Android or Windows computer to connect to the Roku.
Cast Zoom Meetings on Roku TV using Android
The Android device and the Roku must be on the same WiFi network in order for you to cast your content from the Android device to the Roku and back.
- Go to Settings on your Android phone.
- Type Cast in the search bar. Android users can also check their notifications on their phones and choose the Cast icon. Depending on who made the game, the cast term will be different.
- Choose your Roku player.
- Allow your Roku TV to show the screen of your Android phone or tablet.
- It’s time to open the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on your Android device. If you’re already logged in, sign in to your account. Zoom Cloud Meetings is an app that you can get from the Play Store if you don’t already.
- In the next step, choose New Meeting. Then, invite the people who want to join the meeting.
- The screen on your Roku TV will show your Zoom meeting.
AirPlay Zoom Meetings on Roku Using iPhone
In the most recent models of Roku, you can use AirPlay with them. With this, you can easily screen mirror your iPhone to your Roku TV. You can see the full list of Roku models that can be used with AirPlay here. If you have an older iPhone, you need to use the Replica app in order to screen mirror it.
- If you have a Roku, you can go to the Settings menu and change the settings.
- Select AirPlay and HomeKit from the menus on the left of the screen.
- You’ll now want to click on AirPlay and HomeKit Settings.
- Turn on the airplay feature and set the required code to only be required the first time.
- Connect your iPhone to the same WiFi network as your Roku player.
- Get the Zoom Cloud Meetings app from the App Store.
- It’s time to open the Zoom app. You can log in with your account.
- Take a look at the Control Center. Tap the Screen Mirroring icon, then.
- Choose your Roku from the list of things.
- Now, a code will show up on your Roku. In your iPhone, type in the code to make the pair.
- Then, you can make a video or audio call from the Zoom app on your iPhone. It will show up on your Roku.
Cast Zoom Meetings on Roku using Windows
Your computer or laptop and your Roku must be on the same WiFi network to be able to cast from one to the other. There isn’t a way to do this if you have Windows 7.
- If you have Windows 10 or lower, press the Windows and P keys at the same time on your PC or laptop. Go to Display Settings and click the Detect button. For Windows 11, this is where you go. Select the Roku device that you want to choose from.
- Choose Connect to a wireless screen.
- The device will try to find other wireless devices that are on the same network as it is.
- It will work this way: if you give your Roku permission, your Windows screen will show up on your TV.
- Now, go to the Zoom app on your Windows device and start it up. You can also use the web version of this game, too.
- On your account, sign in. Then, choose “New Meeting.”
- When you have a meeting with your coworkers or employees, invite them and show the meeting on the screen of your Roku.
Are you having problems when you try to stream Zoom meetings on your Roku TV? I’d love to hear from you! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with what we’re up to.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Zoom available on the Roku TV set-top box?
Not at all. The Zoom app is not on the Roku Channel Store.
2. It’s also possible to use Zoom meetings on Roku?
You can show the Zoom app on your Android or iPhone screen to your Roku TV.