Most people use Linux, which is one of the most popular open-source operating systems. It controls the hardware and resources of a computer like the CPU, the memory, and the storage space. Linux isn’t like Windows or macOS. It works in a different way. The code used to make Linux is free and can be seen and changed by anyone. Is it possible to run Linux on Android phones and tablets? No, not at all. With apps like UserLand, anyone can install a full Linux distribution on an Android phone. Let’s see how to run Linux on both Android phones that have been rooted and phones that haven’t been rooted at all.
How to Run Linux on Android (Without Root)
In this case, we’re going to use an app called UserLand to help us. If you have an Android phone, you can run a Linux distribution on it without having to root the phone first. Make sure you have this app on your Android phone so you can install Arch Linux, Debian, Kali Linux, and Ubuntu on your phone.
- Go to the Play Store and get UserLand.
- Open the app and choose Ubuntu from the list on the screen.
- Click OK, and then tap Allow to let you see photos, files, and other media content on your phone.
- Select Ubuntu, type in a username, password, and VNC password for the Session, and then click on the next button.
- Then, choose VNC and wait for the installation to be done before you can use it.
- Afterward, go to the Sessions tab at the very bottom of the screen and click on it.
- To start a new session, click the + sign at the top right corner.
- The name of the session is “Ubuntu,” the filesystem is apps: Ubuntu and the service type is ssh in this field.
- Save when you’re done.
- Finally, click Session and choose Ubuntu to start the Ubuntu session.
It’s good to know that you can use Terminus to have a good time at the terminal.
How to Run Linux on Android (With Root)
- Install BusyBox if you have an Android device that’s been hacked.
- Click Start to make sure that all of the root permissions are turned on.
- At the bottom right of the screen, click on “Setting.”
- Afterward, choose your Linux distribution from the list of choices that are on the next page.
- If you want to see the Linux desktop on your Android phone, you need to check the box next to the b
- Then, check to see if VNC is chosen for all of the graphics systems.
- Check the Screen Resolution settings below the GUI settings to make sure the Desktop environment is right.
- Then, fill in the username and password fields and save them.
- Turn back to the menu. Tap three dots and then click Install. Then choose OK.
- It’s time to start Linux. Click on the Start button at the bottom.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you run Linux on Android Devices?
Yes. Linux can be installed on both Android phones that have been rooted and phones that haven’t been rooted.
- When it comes to computers, what are the best ones?
These operating systems are the best and most popular in the world: Apple macOS; Microsoft Windows; Google’s Android OS; Linux OS; and Apple iOS.
- Linux that is good for Android is Linux that is good for Android.
Debian No root is the best Linux to install on Android if you don’t want to have root.