Learn how to set up a mobile hotspot on Windows 11 by following this simple step-by-step tutorial.
If you don’t know how to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 11, this post will show you how. Additional devices may be able to connect to a Windows 11 computer’s active internet connection by setting up a mobile hotspot.
How to create a mobile hotspot on Windows 11?
You only need to follow a few simple steps to set up a mobile hotspot on Windows 11:
- Start by going to the Windows Settings app.
- If you don’t know-how, press Windows+i or right-click on the Start icon and select “Settings” from the menu that appears.
- Then, in the search box, type “Network & Internet.”
- Then select “Mobile Hotspot” from the drop-down menu.
You’ll be given several options, which we’ll go over in detail below:
- Tap “Share my internet connection from,” then select a source. It could be “Ethernet” or “Wi-Fi,” for example.
- Choose how you want to share your internet connection with other devices by clicking “Share over.”
- You can choose between “Wi-Fi” and “Bluetooth,” but the right options will depend on your computer.
- Then, at the bottom of the page, click “Properties,” then “Edit,” and you’ll see a new menu called “Edit Network Info.”
- You can choose the network’s name, password, and network band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) from this menu (2.4GHz or 5GHz).
- After you’ve finished, click “Save.”
- Return to the “Mobile Hotspot” settings window and enable the feature.
Finally, your mobile hotspot is set up to accept packets from other devices. As you can see, setting up a mobile hotspot on Windows 11 is relatively simple. You can disable the mobile hotspot by turning off the switch in the “Mobile Hotspot” settings.
How to connect your device to a mobile hotspot?
It is incredibly capable of connecting to a mobile hotspot; it works just like any other Wi-Fi network. To begin, go to your device’s Wi-Fi settings and select the name of the mobile hotspot you created using the instructions above. After that, type in the password. That is all there is to it.