Do you like Instagram but despise how it has devolved into a popularity contest? If the number of likes on your Instagram post isn’t important to you, you’ll be glad to learn how to hide likes on Instagram. There’s a lot more to Instagram than gaining likes, and you can still use it to build a community and share your talents with the world.
How to Hide Your Instagram Likes
You’ve decided to hide your Instagram likes so that only you know how popular your Instagram posts are. All you have to do now is take a chance. Fortunately, Instagram makes it simple to disable likes for your posts before or after they go live.
How to disable likes on an Instagram post before publishing it
Turning off likes on an Instagram post before posting it is as simple as a few taps on your smartphone. Here’s how you do it:
- Create your Instagram post in the usual way.
- Before posting, scroll to the very bottom of the final screen and tap Advanced Settings.
- At the top of the screen, click the button next to Hide Like and View Counts on This Post.
- Tap the back arrow and select Share to share your image or video.
How to hide Instagram likes on a post you already published
Hide Instagram likes on posts you’ve already shared is just as simple. The following are the step-by-step instructions:
- Hide the post where you want to conceal Instagram likes.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of your post.
- By clicking it, you can hide the Like Count.
- That concludes our discussion. Where your like count used to be, it will now say Liked by [x] and Others.
Should you hide Instagram likes?
It’s a personal choice whether or not to hide your Instagram likes. In general, hiding likes signals to your followers that certain metrics aren’t important to you. It’s one less thing to consider when it comes to sharing your images.
If you want to use your Instagram account to become an influencer or collaborate with brands, you need to keep those Instagram-like counts visible. Because businesses want to see a return on their investment, they will almost likely only work with accounts that are prepared to share the number of likes each post receives.
How to hide likes on other Instagram accounts
Want to remove all likes from your Instagram posts so you don’t have to think about them? It’s simple to do it again. It also allows you to focus on making meaningful comments on posts that are meaningful to you rather than on posts that are more popular. Here’s how you do it:
- Navigate to your Instagram profile.
- Choose Settings from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner.
- Choose Privacy.
- Posts must be tapped.
- Hide Likes and View Counts by clicking the Hide Likes and View Counts button.
- When scrolling through your Instagram feed, like counts on posts are no longer visible.