Follow our step-by-step instructions to launch Windows Terminal on Windows 11 startup.
If you don’t know how to open Windows Terminal at startup on Windows 11, this guide will show you how.
If you’re a programmer or a professional Windows user who prefers to go straight to the command line, Windows 11 will launch Windows Terminal upon boot.
How to launch Windows Terminal at startup on Windows 11?
If you don’t already have Windows Terminal installed on your computer, the first step is to get it from the Microsoft Store for free.
Then go through the following steps:
- Start the Windows Terminal program. Look for “terminal” in the Start menu to launch the program.
- In Windows 11, right-click the Start button and select “Windows Terminal” from the menu.
- Then, in the tab bar, click the downward-facing arrow next to the plus (“+”) icon.
- Next, click “Settings.”
- Then, in the sidebar, enter “Startup.”
- Turn on the “Launch on machine starting” switch.
- Close the Options dialogue box.
Windows Terminal will launch automatically the next time you boot up your Windows 11 computer. That concludes the debate.