Learn how to test a microphone on Windows 11 by following these step-by-step instructions.
Today, we’ll show you how to test your microphone on Windows 11. If your Windows 11 PC microphone is too loud, too quiet, or does not function, there is a quick and easy way to test it.
How to test a microphone on Windows 11?
To begin, connect the microphone to your computer via Bluetooth or USB. This method is also used by Cn to test a built-in microphone.
Take the following steps:
- To begin, right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar.
- Then select “Sound Settings.”
- On the following page, scroll down to the “Input” option.
- Then, click the arrow icon next to the microphone you want to test.
- On the “Properties” screen for the selected microphone, look for the “Test Your Microphone” box.
- After clicking the “Start Test” button, begin speaking at an average volume.
- If you don’t see a blue line moving left and right, check the microphone’s operation. It’s possible that Windows isn’t detecting it correctly.
- Once you’ve completed the test, the result will be displayed next to the “Start Exam” button.
- This is expressed as a percentage of the total input volume detected by Windows.
- In most cases, the volume result should be around 75%.
If you don’t see any microphone activity during the microphone test, disconnect and reconnect your microphone. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your computer. Perform the microphone test when you log back in. If none of the above solutions work, download and reinstall the microphone driver.