To learn how to restart a Windows 11 computer, follow these steps.
If you don’t know how to restart a Windows 11 computer or are looking for alternative methods, our tutorial will assist you. You may need to restart your computer after installing software; some bugs are also resolved with a fresh reboot.
Restart a Windows 11 PC from the Start menu
This is the most common method, so there is no need for a question. Take the following steps:
- You can access the “Start” menu by clicking the Windows icon on the taskbar or by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- The button is being pressed and held down.
- Select “Restart” from the pop-up menu.
The computer will boot up. However, there is a second method that makes use of the Start menu. Follow the steps below:
- Right-click the “Start” icon or use the Windows+x hotkey to launch it.
- From the drop-down menu, choose “Shut down or sign out.”
- Then click “Restart.”
Restart a Windows 11 PC with the Alt+F4 hotkey
Make sure you’ve closed all of your applications. To do so, go to your desktop and hit Alt+F4. You will see a menu from which you can select “Restart” to complete the job.
Restart a Windows 11 PC using a command
If any updates have been downloaded, go to Settings (Windows+i) and select Windows Update. Then, under “Check for Updates,” click the “Check for Updates” button. If an update is available, install it before clicking “Restart Now.”
Restart a Windows 11 PC from the Login Screen
Ctrl+Alt+Delete will take you to the Login Screen. After that, press the power button on the lower-right edge of the screen to turn it on. Select “Restart.” Your computer will restart in Windows 11.