Zoom is a company based in the United States, with headquarters in San Jose, California. Eric Yuan founded the company. Thanks to cloud-based peer-to-peer software, this company provides video-chatting services on computers and mobile devices. This group requests assistance with training sessions and webinars.
Your username appears after your profile in the Zoom meeting. If you want your username to appear under a different name, you can change your display name in the app’s Settings. You can change your username at any time, including during or before the meeting.
Changing your name on the internet is a significant step. It is, however, simple to do so while in a Zoom conference.
How to Change Your Name on Zoom Before a Meeting?
You can change your name on Zoom before a meeting. This can be accomplished via the Zoom website, a PC, or a mobile device.
- Zoom’s website and desktop
- You must complete the steps to change the username before attending the desktop and Zoom website meetings.
- Go to the app store on your smartphone and download the Zoom app.
- Navigate to Zoom’s website.
- Choose the Settings icon.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, choose Profile.
- Then, on the Profile page, click the Edit button.
- You can now enter the first and last names you want other delegates to see.
- You’ll see a Save button at the bottom of the page.
On the mobile App
The following are the steps to changing your username in the mobile app areas:
- Begin by opening the app on your smartphone.
- Now is the time to sign in to your account.
- Then, at the very bottom, press the Settings button.
- You can change the username that appears on the Settings tab.
- My Profile will appear on the screen.
- Select Display Name from the drop-down menu.
- There is an option to edit on the net.
- Change the first and last names as needed.
- Save by clicking the Save button.
- The display name has changed. Your new display name will be displayed.
How to Change Your Name on Zoom During a Meeting?
You can see your username in your profile, which you entered during registration. Even if the meeting is already in progress, the username will be changed. On both the desktop and mobile versions of the app, you can change your username. It’s possible that the host will disable the option to rename.
The steps for renaming your username are as follows:
- To begin, scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on Participants.
- Tap on your name to see more options.
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select Rename. A small dialogue box will appear on the screen.
- Enter the name you want to appear as your username in the text field.
- Turn on and off the Rename button.
- As a result, the name displayed as the username will be altered.
- If you don’t see a rename option on your screen, see if the host will disable it. This could be the reason you don’t have this option.
You can rename your username on both Android and desktop by following these steps. After renaming it, your new username will appear on the screen.