To learn how to lock a Windows 11 computer, follow these step-by-step instructions.
We’ll show you how if you don’t know how to lock a Windows 11 computer. It is recommended to close your Windows 11 PC every time you leave your desk so that no one can see your personal information.
When you lock a Windows 11 PC, all running programmes remain in the background. So unless someone wants to use the computer, they’ll need your password to get into it.
Lock a Windows 11 PC with a shortcut
Using a keyboard combination is the quickest way to lock your Windows 11 computer. If you press Windows+L on your keyboard, the system will immediately boot up to the login screen.
Lock a Windows 11 PC from the Start menu
You can also lock your computer from the Start menu. Take the following steps:
- Press the Start button to begin.
- Select only one user account.
- “Lock” must be chosen.
Lock a Windows 11 PC with Task Manager
Task Manager can also be used to lock a Windows 11 computer. Follow the steps below:
- Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard.
- “Lock” should be selected.
Lock a Windows 11 PC with Dynamic Lock
You can set your Windows 11 computer to lock automatically. Thanks to a brand new feature known as Dynamic Lock, you can do so.
Follow these steps:
Connect your smartphone to your computer as a Bluetooth device.
- Navigate to the Menu settings.
- Accounts > Sign-in Options should be selected.
- Scroll down to find the “Dynamic Lock” section.
- Check the box next to “Allow Windows to lock your device when you’re away automatically.”
- Close the Settings dialogue box.
This tool will now automatically lock your computer when you walk away from it.
Lock a Windows 11 PC after a certain period
You can also lock a Windows 11 PC after some time has passed. Take the following steps:
- Go to Start and type “screen saver” into the search box to find a screen saver.
- “Turn Screen Saver On or Off” will appear.
- In the “Screen Saver Settings” section, select a theme.
- Locate the “Wait” box and enter a period.
- Select the checkbox next to “Display login screen on restart.”
- “OK” must be chosen.