What to Know
When you open the Xbox app’s settings, you can choose to let any device connect to it.
If you have a Windows 10 or 11 computer, open the Xbox app and choose the console icon next to the search bar. Then, you can start streaming to your computer.
How Do You Play Xbox on a Laptop?
You can play games on a laptop with its built-in remote play feature if you have an Xbox. Start by following these steps to make your Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or Xbox One work with other devices.
Enable Remote Play
For the remote play feature to work, you need to make sure the console is online so that it can connect and play. If you want to play video games smoothly, you’ll need a good internet connection speed.
- Turn on your console. Then, go to Settings and look at your console. There are two things you need to look for: Device & connections.
- Navigate to the Remote options.
- Check the box next to the “Enable remote features.”
- Then, go to the Xbox app preferences.
- To let any device connect, choose Allow connections from any device. Instead, you can select Only profiles can sign in on this Xbox console to make it even more secure.
- Check if your internet can handle the bandwidth load by going back to the Remote features menu. Then, choose Test remote play to finish the setup process.’
Start Playing Xbox Games Using the Laptop’s Screen
After setting up your Xbox, it’s time to move on to your laptop. You’ll need a computer with Windows 10 or Windows 11 to play this game. If you don’t already have the Xbox app on your phone, you should get it from the Microsoft store.
- Take a look at the Xbox app on your computer.
- The console icon is next to the search bar at the app’s top. You can find it.
- To start streaming your Xbox to your laptop, click on the icon on the bottom right. You will need to ensure that your console is on while you play.
Can You Plug an Xbox Into a Laptop?
Laptops with HDMI ports often don’t have any way for you to send a signal into the computer itself. Those ports only send the laptop’s display signal to another monitor or TV. This means they can only send the laptop’s display signal to another monitor or TV. In this case, you can’t plug in an Xbox to a computer and use it as a screen.
Other than Xbox Cloud Gaming, the only other way to play Xbox games on your laptop is this. It’s part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. When you play games with remote play, you won’t be able to share your games or progress from your console. Instead of being able to play Xbox Cloud Gaming, you can only play games that are on the Xbox Game Pass service. Read our guide to Xbox Cloud Gaming to see if it’s right for you.
Can I Play My Xbox One on My Laptop?
Windows laptops and computers can play games from your console if you have an Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, or Xbox One, which means you can play games from your console.
If you use the same settings above to play Xbox One games on your laptop, you can also play Xbox One games on your computer. You will need to turn on the Remote features on your Xbox One. Your console should be on. You can open the Xbox app on your laptop and connect to it by clicking on an icon next to the search bar.
How do I play Xbox 360 games on a laptop?
Use an emulator like Xenia to play Xbox 360 games on your computer. You can get games from the Microsoft Store and play them on your computer. Xenia has a download page. Please select the file you want to download and extract. Then, drag the Xbox 360 game you want to play onto the Xenia EXE file to start the game.
How do I play Xbox games on my laptop without an Xbox console?
If you only want to play games on your Windows 10 or 11 PC, you can download some digital Xbox Play Anywhere titles from the Microsoft Store. You can also sign up for an Xbox Game Pass or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription if you want a service that streams games to you. The Ultimate version lets you play on other devices if you change your mind.