What to Know
iCloud sync is the easiest way to do this. Allow iCloud Photos on your iPhone, then sync your MacBook’s Photos app with your iPhone’s Photos app.
- AirDrop is the next best thing, but it’s not as good as soon as you’re on your phone’s Photos app, tap Share.
- Then, choose your MacBook to move the photos too.
- You can also use a Lightning cable and the Photos app on your MacBook to move photos from your phone.
This article shows you how to move photos from your iPhone to your MacBook Air.
What Is the Easiest Way to Transfer Photos From iPhone to MacBook Air?
The easiest way to move photos from your iPhone to your Macbook is to set it up, so it does it. You can do this by setting up iCloud sync, which will let you see all of your phone’s photos on your laptop. And once it’s set up, the shared library will keep up with every new picture taken.
iCloud sync has some problems. You can only use 5GB of cloud storage at first. If you want to store more data, you’ll have to pay for a bigger plan. When you want to sync, you need your iPhone to be connected to your MacBook so that it can do that.
How Do I Import Photos to My MacBook Air?
It’s the second easiest way to move photos between your iPhone and MacBook. AirDrop is the third easiest way to do this. This lets you choose which pictures or videos you want to move and move them individually or in groups, giving you more control over what goes where.
- The first thing you need to do is open your iPhone’s Photos app. Then choose the photo album from which you want to move photos.
- You can start the transfer by tapping a single photo. If you want to copy many images, you can tap the Select button at the top of the screen and wipe all the images you want to copy. Tap and drag your finger over all the pictures you want to choose.
- You can tap the Share icon in the lower-left corner to share the screen (it looks like a box with an arrow pointing upwards out of it).
- From the Share menu, choose AirDrop. Then, select the device you want to send the photos to and click Send Photos to that device. When AirDrop is set up, you might have to click Accept on your MacBook for the transfer to work.
- When the process is done, the photos should show up in your MacBook’s Downloads folder.
Why Can’t I Transfer Photos From iPhone to MacBook?
- There are a few reasons you might not be able to transfer photos.
To use AirDrop, make sure both your iPhone and MacBook are set to Contacts Only or Everyone. If Contacts Only doesn’t work, everyone should use it. If it still doesn’t work, try switching between both options a few times or restarting both of your phones.
- Disconnect the Lightning Cable from your iPhone and your MacBook and then reconnect it again to see if that helps them connect. If that doesn’t work, you can try restarting one or both of your computers or phones.
- Is iCloud synching not going well? If so, you may have turned off the option for one or both of your phones or tablets. Check their menus again to make sure. iCloud is turned on, but it doesn’t work. Check your Apple ID settings on both devices to see if they’re connected, and then try again.
How do I transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone?
To move all of your photos to a new iPhone, back up your old one. Then set up the new one from the backup, which will have all of your photos, texts, contacts, and apps. To move just a few at a time, try AirDrop, email, or a service like Google Photos or Dropbox that stores files in the cloud, like Dropbox or Google Photos.
How do I transfer photos from Android to iPhone?
The app called “Move to iOS” will help you move all of your photos and other data from your Android phone to a new iPhone with ease. Online options or a data cable can be used to send images if that doesn’t work.