What to Know
Then, choose Deactivate account and then go on to the account deactivation. Choose a reason, tap Continue, and then click OK.
Deactivation is only for a short time; you can reactivate your account at any time. There is no way to get back what you’ve deleted.
How can I temporarily deactivate my Facebook account on an iPhone? This article shows you how. Deactivating and deleting are two very different things. This also explains the difference.
How to Temporarily Deactivate Facebook Using the App
To deactivate your Facebook account on the Facebook app, there are a few simple steps that you can follow to do it. If you change your mind, you can always reactivate it at a different time.
- Start the Facebook app. Tap the three horizontal lines in the lower-right corner of the screen to open the menu. Facebook’s menu will show up soon, so look for it.
- Settings & Privacy is at the bottom of the page. You can click on it to go to Settings.
- To change who owns and controls your account in the Your Facebook Information section, click the Account Ownership and Control button.
- Delete and deactivation
- Tap Deactivate account. Then, keep going to account deactivation.
- Choose a reason from the list, and click on the Next button. Make sure this is what you want to do, and your account will be deactivated until you log back in with the app or in a web browser. You can’t use it until then.
Deactivate Facebook Using the Safari Mobile Browser
Using a mobile browser to deactivate is the same:
- When you open Facebook in Safari, you can tap the three horizontal lines in the screen’s upper-right corner. Settings can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Then click on Account Ownership and Control in the Your Facebook Information area.
- Take a look at Deactivation and Delete
- Tap the Deactivate Account button. Then, go to Account Deactivation.
- It’s time to choose from the list. You can then hit “Continue.” Confirm that this is what you want to do, and your account will be deactivated until you choose to log back in with the app or in a web browser at some point in the future.
Differences Between Deactivating and Deleting Facebook
Deactivation and deletion are not the same things.
For example, you can deactivate your account for a short time if you want to take a break from Facebook. You can also think about deleting your account but haven’t yet decided. It won’t be possible for other people to see your posts or photos when you deactivate your account. However, people you’ve messaged will still be able to see them. Everything will show up again if you reactivate your account.
It’s easy to delete Facebook: If you delete the app, your account is still there and unaffected. However, if you delete your Facebook account, everything is gone for good, including posts, photos, and messages. It takes 30 days for Facebook to let you know if you change your mind. After that, you’ll have to start over again with a new account.