People like to watch videos that have been shared on Facebook; it’s even better when you watch them with a group of friends. If you want to do this, you can use the Watch Party feature on Facebook.
How to Start a Facebook Watch Party
You can start a Facebook Watch Party from Facebook.com on the web or from the Facebook app for iOS and Android. Images for the web version only show how to do it.
- To write a post on Facebook, click the plus sign (+) icon in the top right corner, then click “Post.”
- On Facebook.com, click the three dots at the bottom right of the post-writing tool and then choose Watch Party from the drop-down menu.
- Adding a video to your Watch party is easy.
- Select Next (Facebook.com) or Done in the top right corner to move on to the next step (mobile app).
- When you select the video or videos you choose will be added to your post composer. Add a description to the post field above the videos. You can do this if you want
- Select Post
- If your friends have notifications turned on, they’ll be able to join in on your Watch Party.Click or tap on your Watch Party post to see it in full-screen mode.
- Select Share at the bottom of the video to send it to a group of friends.
- You can add more videos to your Watch Party video queue while the Watch Party goes on. To add a video to Facebook.com, click the blue Add Video button on the right. You’ll see a screen like the one shown in step three.Click on the plus sign (+) button next to the video to add more to the mobile app.
- Look for the person icon and number below the video to see how many people are watching. People who watch the videos will be able to leave comments and reactions on the videos.
- To end your Watch Party, click the three dots in the top right corner of the video on Facebook.com and choose End Watch Party. Then click End to finish.
In addition, if you’re on Facebook.com, you can also search for people and look at a list of names on the right under Invite Others to invite friends. Online friends will be at the top of the list. Select the Invite button next to any friend to send them an invite.
Host a Watch Party From a Page or Group
From your Facebook profile, you can show people what you’re watching. You can also show them what’s going on from a Page or a Group. If you want to do it from a Page, though, you must be an admin or editor of that Page to do it.
The best way to start a Watch Party from a Page or Group is to go to that Page or Group and find the person who made the post. Page: This is the Create Post button. In a group, the field asks, “What’s on your mind, name?” Afterward, you can follow steps 2 through 10.
What Is a Facebook Watch Party?
You can set up an event for a live-streaming video or videos on Facebook. This is called a “Watch Party.” It opens in full-screen mode when you click on one of the posts. Some tools can be used for the Watch Party. It’s like a Facebook live stream, but the video doesn’t have to be live all the time. It only needs to be on Facebook to work.
Friends can join your Watch Party and watch with you. A comment box is also there to talk about the videos as you watch them together.