Hulu is, without a doubt, one of the most popular ways to watch on-demand and live TV content. Hulu is bringing entertainment from all over the world to our screens through the web version or apps for phones, tablets, gaming consoles, and streaming devices, such as the Hulu app. Even though Hulu is a well-known platform, you may have problems with it at times. If you have issues streaming Hulu on your Firestick, here are some ways to get it to work again on your Firestick.
Why is Hulu Live Not Working on Firestick or Fire TV?
There are many reasons why the Hulu app doesn’t work on Fire TV. The most common ones are:
- Problems with an Internet connection
- Hulu’s server has been down for a long time.
- Out-of-date software on the Firestick device or the Hulu app
- In a geo-restricted place, you can’t use Hulu.
How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Firestick / Fire TV
1. Check the Internet Connection
Hulu on Firestick needs a high-speed internet connection that doesn’t stop. It might be hard to watch high-quality videos if your internet connection is slow. The best way to fix this is to restart the router and then try to stream videos on Hulu again. Call your internet provider and report it if the problem doesn’t go away.
Another option is to switch to a new WiFi connection and see whether or not the problem is solved.
2. Check the Hulu Server
All of the most popular streaming services have server problems from time to time. During those times, you may not be able to watch the videos on Hulu. Use the tool to see if Hulu is down or not. To wait for them to fix it if it’s on their side:
3. Restart Firestick
If your Firestick isn’t working right, you might just need to restart it. In Settings, go to My Fire TV, then Restart. Then, confirm that you want to renew.
If the Firestick remote doesn’t work, you can force restart it by unplugging it from the power source. Then, after a few minutes, plug them in and try the Hulu app on your phone.
4. Clear Hulu App Cache
Remove any cached data from your Hulu app. Then, try to stream a video again.
- Take a look at your Fire TV’s setting.
- Apps are at the top of the list.
- Click on Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose All Applications from the menu.
- Select the Hulu app icon
- Click on Clear cache.
- Now, click on Clear data.
- Launch the Hulu app now and sign in to your account again, as you did before.
5. Update Firestick
Firestick needs to be updated to fix problems with the devices. If you have an older version of the app, you might have problems when you try to watch Hulu and other services.
Step 1: On the home screen of the Firestick, click on the Settings button.
Step 2: It’s time to click on “My Fire TV.”
Step 3: Press the About button.
Step 4 – Click Check for updates. If there is a new update, install it immediately.
Once you finish, go back to the Hulu app and see if the problem has been fixed or not.
6. Update the Hulu TV app
Like the firestick firmware, you also need to keep the Hulu app up to date whenever there is a new one.
- Go to the home screen of the Fire Stick.
- Take a look at the apps.
- When you’re on the Hulu app, please press the button on your remote that has three lines on it.
- Find out even more by clicking on “More info.”
- Click on the Update option to get the new one if there is an update.
7. Reset Firestick
The last thing you can do to get Hulu to work on your Firestick is to reset it to factory settings. It will remove all of the apps and settings that have been set up on Firestick, and it will start over.
After a hard reset, download the Hulu app again and stream the video you want to watch.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can’t install Hulu on Firestick?
Hulu is a service that can’t be used outside of the United States. So if you live outside of the United States, you can’t use Firestick to watch Hulu.
2) How can I get Hulu to work again on my Firestick?
When the Hulu screen on your Firestick freezes, you should force restart the Firestick to get it to work again.
Check to see if the Hulu app has changed.
It’s time to clear the cache of the Hulu app.