It’s easy to delete your POF (Plenty of Fish) account if you log in to your account on the website. To hide your Profile for a while, you can use the Profile Visibility setting to do so.
People who use the POF website should be aware that this would permanently delete all of the data on the website server. Before you delete your POF account, make sure you have copies of important photos or contacts.
How to Delete POF Account Using a Web Browser
If you’re looking for a date, dating apps may not be as fun as meeting someone in person. Leaving the app may be the best way to avoid getting notifications and messages that you don’t want. However, it would permanently delete all of the data that was linked to it. It’s impossible to get back any of the data, chats, or match history you’ve lost. So think about what you’re going to do before you do it.
- Open the POF website in a web browser, such as on a computer or on a smartphone app that lets you open web pages.
- Sign in with your account credentials.
- You can find the User icon in the top-right corner of the page. Click on it.
- My Profile is in the drop-down menu. Click on it.
- To get to the Settings tab, go to the My Profile page and click on the Settings button there.
- Take a look at the Delete Account tab, then click on Delete Account.
- It’s up to you if you want to answer a short question about why you want to delete your account.
Tip: Login to check whether the deletion was successful or not.
How to Hide Your Plenty of Fish Profile
To keep your Profile from being seen by other people, you can just mute or hide your Profile. Here’s how you can hide your Profile with a lot of fish.
- Go to the POF site and look at it in a web browser.
- Log in with your account.
- At the top-right corner of the screen, click on the person icon.
- To get to your Profile, click on My Profile in the vertical drop-down menu.
- Look for the option or tab called “Profile Visibility.”
- Tab Profile Visibility is on the right side of the screen.
- Press and switch the radio button that says “Hide Profile.”
How to Cancel a POF Subscription
It’s OK to stop using the app when you can’t find many people to match with.
- It is possible to unsubscribe from POF on a web browser.
- In your web browser, go to the POF site.
- Log in to your account now.
- Click Premium at the top of the page to go to the next level up.
- Click on the button that says “OK.” Click here to let your upgrade time out.
- On the prompt or modal dialogue, click on the Proceed button to cancel the subscription, then click on the
- Cancel subscription button.
Cancel POF Subscription on Android
- Take a look at the Google Play Store app from the home screen.
- Tap the picture of your Profile in the upper-right corner to get to your profile page now.
- Take a look at Payment and subscriptions. Then click Subscriptions.
- Turn off the subscription for the Plenty of Fish service that you don’t want to use.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does POF delete inactive accounts?
Nobody wants to delete accounts that aren’t used anymore. However, if an account isn’t used, it will show up lower in the search results. A search for
How to delete your POF account on the app (Android and iPhone)?
You can’t get rid of your POF account from the app. But you can still go to the POF website on your phone to delete the account.
How to delete the Plenty of Fish account before 24 hours?
You can’t delete your POF account in the first 24 hours after you set it up. It takes at least 24 hours to do this.