Advanced users can use Plex to organize, save, and look at their own files at any time and from anywhere. Platform: There are two parts to this system: the media server software and playback software. They both work together. You have to put the first one on the device where you keep your own media. However, the latter will let you play the media files on various devices, such as smartphones, gaming consoles, and streaming devices. You can also play them on computers and tablets. The Plex app also has a paid Plex pass service that lets you stream media from the internet. The steps in this guide will show you how to install and activate Plex on your PS5 [Playstation 5].
- Monthly Subscription – $4.99
- Yearly Subscription – $39.99
- Lifetime Subscription – $149.9
- In Plex, you will be able to watch more than 100 live TV shows for free.
- All your media files can be uploaded and managed on the Plex Media Server, and you can get to them from anywhere with no problems.
- It’s possible to use Plex on many smart devices so that you can use it to stream video content across different devices.
- It’s possible to add parental controls to the new version of the Plex app.
- If you have Plex Premium, you can watch live TV and on-demand content, as well as catch-up TV shows, IPTV content, and more.
How to Install Plex on PS5
The Plex app is only for the PlayStation 5 [PS5] console. So, you can install the Plex app on your PlayStation 5 right away.
- You need to do two things before you can start: Make sure that the PS5 console is connected to a normal internet connection before you play.
- On your PS5, go to the Media tab and click on it.
- Search for the Plex app in the All Apps icon.
- When you find the Plex app, choose it.
- Make sure to choose “Download” when you look at its information screen.
- Wait patiently for the app to install.
How to Activate Plex on PlayStation 5
- Get back to the home screen and click the Media tab.
- Select the Plex app that you installed on PS5.
- Click the Sign-in option on the home screen.
- A unique activation code will appear on your PlayStation 5 connected TV
- When you’re on your computer or smartphone, go to plex. Tv/link on the web.
- Sign in to your Plex account that you want to sign in on PS5.
- Enter the activation code on the PS5 screen and tap on Link.
- Choose the server and then Plex will load the media files and IPV content on your PS5 screen.
It is easy to set up and use Plex on PS5. So get Plex on your PS5 game console and stream your favorite shows and movies to your TV. Please let us know if you have any problems with Plex, such as your Plex server not being available or the Plex app not working on your PS5.
Tech owns Tips: You don’t want to stream Plex. Take a look at the best alternatives to Plex so you can watch your own media on a lot of different things for free.
1. Is Plex on PS5?
There is now a Plex app for the PS5 consoles.
2. Is there a way to get Plex on PS?
Can I use Plex to stream movies and TV shows to my PS3?