Don’t worry if you already bought a train ticket but now want to cancel it and get a refund from the Pakistan Railway Authority. The process is simple. There are times when you may wish to cancel your train ticket and get a refund, but you don’t know how to do it. You no longer have to deal with this, which is good. Also, this article will show you how to get a refund from the Pakistan Railway Authority in 2022, the same way it did in 2017.
To get a refund from the Pakistan Railway Authority, you have to make a few clicks on the internet! To find out how to get your money back from the Pakistan Railway Authority, you should read this.
Step-By-Step Procedure To Get a Refund from Pakistan Railway Authority 2022
The Pakistan Railway Authority has two types of tickets for people who want to reserve seats on the train.
An E-ticket and a paper ticket
So, because canceling and getting a refund for each of these tickets is different, we’ll go over them one at a time so that you don’t get left in the dark.
Procedure to Get a Refund from Pakistan Railway Authority | E-Ticket
- Visit the Pak Railway site to learn more.
- You can go to the e-ticketing section of their site.
- To get into your account on the Pak Railway, enter your account information, like your name and address.
- A passenger portal will show up on the screen as soon as you have signed in.
- When you want to see your confirmed orders, choose “see your confirmed orders.”
- The “cancel/partial cancel” option is next to the confirmation code on the right-hand side of the booking data. It’s there. To choose it, click on it.
- It’s then time to press the “Next” button.
- Confirm your cancellation by clicking “confirm cancellation” on the next screen that shows your order details.
- A message will show up on your screen. Selecting “yes” will make your seat go away.
People who book things online through banks, JazzCash, and UBL Omni will get their money back from a service provider who took that money when they made the booking and has the chance to get it back.
Procedure to Get a Refund from Pakistan Railway Authority | Paper Ticket
- People who buy paper tickets can only get refunds from the reservation center. On the other hand, passengers can get their keys back by going to the nearest train reservation center.
- As long as you have your ticket in hand, you can go to any rail reservation facility to get these.
- Give the person who will be taking care of your train reservation a copy of your CNIC
- Following the refund policy of the railway, you will get your money back when all the facts are known.
Terms And Conditions Of Pakistan Railway Refund Policy
- If you cancel your reservation 48 hours or more before the train leaves from its starting point, you will be charged 10% of your payment.
Some of the money that was paid for the train ticket will be taken off if someone cancels their ticket between 48 and 24 hours before the train leaves from the station where it began.
- If you cancel your train ticket less than 24 hours before the train leaves its starting station, you’ll have to pay 30% of the total cost of the ticket.
There will not be a refund if the train leaves in less than two hours or is shown on the Guard Chart (E-Ticket Only).
Customers get 50% back after the train has left (within 24 hours).
- If a train is canceled or delayed for more than 6 hours, Pakistan Railways will pay the full fare.
- Due to coach damage or an accident, passengers will get their money back if they can’t get into their reserved coach on their train.
- To apply for the last two points, passengers must send a formal letter to the office of the Chief.
- Commercial Manager. There must be a signed confirmation letter and the signature of the station master for Pakistan Railway to reimburse you for all of your costs.
In response to your question on how to get a refund from the Pakistan Railway Authority, we hope to give our reply to be helpful. Please pass this post on to your friends if you found this post interesting. Thank you for reading!