Checkmark symbols can be hard to put in Word. This step-by-step guide will show you what to do. Make sure you have the Wingdings font on your computer before you start. It is likely that you already have the font because it comes with Windows.
How to insert a checkmark symbol in Word?
The process is very simple. All you have to do now is pay attention to the following steps:
- As a first step, click on “Word.”
- It’s on the Home tab. Click on it. There is a Font group. Then, change the font to Wingdings.
- Make sure the “Num Lock” key on your keyboard is pressed to get it to turn on Num Lock.
- Hold down the “ALT” key. Press “0252” on the keypad while still holding down the “ALT” key.
- Let go of the “ALT” key to make a checkmark sign.
If you pay attention to all of the steps, you should have no trouble. You now know how to put a checkmark symbol in Word this way.