Most of us don’t know that our licenses have run out when we have a problem on the road. Even so, it isn’t hard to get it renewed in Islamabad. It only takes a few minutes and doesn’t take long. One bad experience will make you want to get your license again. This post will show you how to get a new driver’s license in Islamabad and what you need to bring.
Validity of Islamabad Driving License
As a rule, a driver’s license is good for 3 to 5 years. However, it is important to keep it up to date to avoid unpleasant situations.
Getting your license renewed is a good thing because you won’t have to take the driving test again. The only thing that must happen is that certain documents must be given.
You could renew your license in two ways: going to a licensed center or filling out an online form.
Renew Islamabad Driving License
If you wanted to make an appointment with the traffic police, you could do so online. The online appointment system only has a limited number of slots each day, and the walk-in token system is another option.
Here is how to do
- Go to the Islamabad Traffic Police Station, present your CNIC card at the reception desk, and receive a token.
- Continue the biometric authentication process and have your photo taken.
- Take your turn, then proceed to the counter and fill out the form.
- Before submitting the form, attach any required documents.
- Fee submission: You must pay Rs. One thousand one hundred forty-nine after one year from the expiration date, or Rs. 1,949 after one to three years. After three years, the candidate must take additional driving and theoretical tests and pay Rs. 4,649.
- When you have completed the fee process, the person will give you a verification slip with the license receiving date.
- To obtain your license, go to the license center on the designated day.
- Documentation for medical purposes. This is Form-B, which you can obtain from the ITP portal.
- A COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- two passport-size photographs
- You must submit two copies of your CNIC.
- In addition, the candidate must have the original driver’s license on hand.
Importance of a Valid License
Driving without a license is against the law, and you will be held liable for any accidents that occur as a result. As a result, renewing your request is critical, and it is no longer difficult. If you apply at the ITP office or online, the process is extremely simple.