If you recently purchased a pair of AirPods and are unsure how to use them, follow the steps below to Pair and Connect AirPods to a Windows 10 Laptop or Desktop computer.
Connect AirPods to Windows PC
While AirPods are designed to work seamlessly with Apple devices, they are essentially Bluetooth headphones that can be connected to and paired with any non-Apple device, including a Windows computer.
To use Apple AirPods with a Windows PC, simply pair them with your computer using the steps outlined below.
1. Pair AirPods with Windows PC
Close the Lid on the charging case, place the AirPods inside, and wait 1 minute. After 1 minute, remove the Lid and proceed with the steps below to connect AirPods to Windows PC.
- Go to Settings > Devices and then select Bluetooth and other devices in the left-hand pane. Enable Bluetooth in the right pane and click the Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- On the Add Device screen, select Bluetooth.
Then, on the Add Device Screen, press and hold the Setup button on the Charging case until Bluetooth Headphones appear.
- Once the AirPods have been discovered, select Headphone and allow Windows to install the necessary drivers.
- After you’ve added the AirPods, click Done to exit the screen.
- Once paired with Windows 10, AirPods should work seamlessly with YouTube, Netflix, Skype, and other apps.
Disconnect or Remove AirPods from Windows PC
You can disconnect AirPods from your Windows 10 computer by going to the “Bluetooth & Other Devices” Settings on your computer.
Go to Settings > Devices and then to the Bluetooth and Devices tab in the left pane. Select AirPods in the right pane and then click the Disconnect or Remove Device option.
Note: If you’re having issues with your AirPods and they’re not working on other devices, choose the Remove Device option.