It’s quite common for a computer or mobile user to delete things they never intended to. The deleted items may include files on the computer or emails in the Gmail account. When it comes to recovering emails on Gmail, you have 30 days to do so before the message is permanently deleted.
There is another option in Gmail that allows users to restore emails deleted up to 55 days ago. However, you must have a Google admin account to do so. You can’t access the admin console if you’re a regular Gmail user.
As a result, you have come to the right place if you have recently deleted a few emails from your Gmail account and are looking for ways to recover those emails.
4 Best Methods to Recover Deleted Emails in Gmail
This article will go over the four best ways to recover deleted emails from Gmail. The procedures will be simple; follow the steps outlined below. So, let’s get started.
1. Recover Deleted Emails in Gmail
To recover the deleted emails, we will use the web version of Gmail. Here are some of the simple steps you must take.
- First, launch your preferred web browser and sign in to your Gmail account.
- Scroll down the list on the left pane and click the More button.
- Next, as shown in the screenshot below, select the Bin or Trash folder.
- On the right pane, you’ll see a list of all your deleted emails.
- Tick the box next to the emails you want to recover. Tap the move icon when you’re finished, as shown in the screenshot below.
- You will now be presented with some folder options for storing the deleted emails. Select ‘Inbox’ if you want to recover the emails.
That’s all! You have completed your task. This is how you can recover deleted emails from Gmail on your desktop computer.
2. Recover Deleted Emails from Gmail Mobile App
You can recover Deleted emails using Gmail’s mobile app, just as you can with the web version. Here are some of the simple steps you must take.
- Launch the Gmail app on your smartphone and select the hamburger menu, as shown below.
- You will now see a list of folders. As shown below, scroll down and tap on the Bin folder.
- Now, select the emails you want to recover and tap the menu option (three dots) in the upper right corner.
- Select the Move to option from the drop-down menu.
- Next, choose the folder where you want to move your deleted emails.
That’s all! You have completed your task. Here’s how to recover deleted emails from the Gmail mobile app.
3. How to Recover Emails after 30 days?
As previously stated, you have 30 days to recover the deleted emails. As a result, if the 30-day period has passed, you must use the Google Admin account to restore deleted emails. Here are the steps to take if you have an admin account.
- First, open your desktop web browser and navigate to admin.google.com. Log in to your Google Admin account next.
- In the Admin console, go to Users.
- Now, choose the users whose deleted messages you want to recover. After that, move your mouse cursor over the user and click the ‘More options button.
- After that, choose the date range you want to restore the emails. After that, select ‘Gmail’ as a data type and click the Restore button.
That’s all! You have completed your task. This is how you can use the Google Admin console to recover deleted messages.
4. Recover Emails That Have Been Permanently Deleted in Gmail
If the 30-day period has passed and you do not have access to the Google Admin console, you have another option to recover the deleted emails.
Emails that have been permanently deleted can also be recovered. However, the procedure does not always work. We’ve written a detailed guide on recovering permanently deleted emails in Gmail.
You must visit that website and follow the instructions to recover emails that were deleted 30 or 55 days ago.
So, those are the top three methods for recovering deleted emails in Gmail. I hope you found this article useful! Please forward it to your friends as well. If you have any questions about this, please leave them in the comments section below.