There are hundreds of gaming voice and text chat services available on the web right now. The Discord, on the other hand, stands out from the crowd. Discord has a more user-friendly interface than other gaming chat services and is well-known for its simplicity. Furthermore, Discord is renowned for its active user base.
If you’ve installed the Discord desktop client on your Windows machine, you’re probably aware it starts up automatically. The Discord desktop client is set to open at startup by default. Even if you don’t intend to use Discord, it will start up automatically and run in the background.
Many users use Discord on low-end PCs and do not want the app to launch itself at startup. If you are in the same boat, you may wish to prevent Discord from opening on startup.
2 Best Ways to Stop Discord from Opening on Startup
In this article, we will walk you through the process of preventing Discord from opening on startup. As a result, if you’re looking for ways to avert Discord from spreading on Windows 11 startup, you’ve come to the right place. Let’s go check it out.
1. Using the app settings, prevent Discord from opening at startup.
In this method, we will make a few changes to Discord’s app settings to prevent the app from opening on startup. Here’s what you should do.
- To begin, open the Windows 11 search bar and type in Discord. Then, from the list of options, select the Discord app.
- On the Discord app’s interface, click the Settings gear icon in the lower-left corner.
- In the left pane, select the Windows Settings option.
- On the right, deactivate the Open Discord toggle.
That’s all! This is how you can prevent Discord from opening when you boot up your computer.
2. Prevent Discord from Opening on Startup via Task Manager
We will use the Task Manager in this method to stop Discord startup on Windows 11. Some of the simple steps are listed below.
- To begin, open the Windows 11 search bar and type Task Manager.
- Navigate to the Startup tab in Task Manager, as shown below.
- On the Startup apps screen, right-click Discord and select Disable.
- If you want to re-enable the Discord app, right-click on it and select the Enable option.
That’s all! This is how you can use Task Manager to prevent Discord from opening at startup.
These are the two most effective ways to prevent the Discord app from opening on startup. I hope you found this article useful! Please forward it to your friends as well. Please leave them in the comments section below if you have any questions.