We published a detailed guide on disabling location tracking in Windows 11 a few days ago. Today, we’ll look at how to turn off location tracking on an Android device. Android, like Windows devices, tracks your location for various reasons.
Apps that rely on GPS functionality to track your location provide accurate information. GPS Navigation, Maps, Weather, News, and other apps use your site to provide relevant information.
Unlike Windows, disabling location tracking on Android is simple; disable your smartphone’s GPS functionality. You can also disable location tracking in your Google Account.
2 Ways to Turn off Location Tracking on Android Device
If you value your privacy, you may want to disable Google location tracking on your Android device. As a result, this article will provide a step-by-step guide for completely disabling location tracking on Android. Let’s go check it out.
1. How to Turn off Location tracking
We will disable the Android’s location (GPS) feature to prevent location tracking in this method. Here are some of the simple steps you must take.
- First, open your Android app drawer and navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap on the Location option in the Settings app.
- On the next screen, deactivate the Location toggle.
- Alternatively, you can open the notification panel and disable the GPS functionality. This will also turn off location tracking.
That’s all! You have completed your task. This will turn off location tracking on an Android phone.
2. How to Turn off Google Location Tracking
Because we use so many Google Services on our Android devices, it is critical to prevent Google and other services from tracking your location. Here’s how to turn off Google Location Services on your Android device.
- First, launch the Settings app on your Android device and select the Google option.
- On the Google Account page, select Manage your Google Account, as shown below.
- Next, navigate to the Data and Privacy section.
- Scroll down and select the Location History option.
- On the next screen, uncheck the Location History checkbox.
That’s all! You have completed your task. This is how you can prevent Google from tracking the location of your Android device.
The two methods described above will assist you in disabling location tracking on your Android smartphone. If you want to turn off location tracking on your Windows 11 operating system, follow our instructions –
So, those are the two most effective methods for turning off location tracking on an Android smartphone. I hope you found this article useful! Please forward it to your friends as well. Please leave them in the comments section below if you have any questions.