To share a live location on WhatsApp Status, users must use a newly introduced location sticker. The WhatsApp Status location sticker is now available for Android and iOS users, but it will take time to reach every device.
How to Add Location Sticker on WhatsApp Status
- First, open your Android device’s Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp. Then, from the search results, open the WhatsApp app and install the updates (if available).
- Once the app has been updated, launch it and swipe right from the home screen to access the Status.
- On the Status page of WhatsApp, tap the (+) icon to add a new Status. Now, take a picture or record a video.
- You can also select an image or a video from the gallery.
- On the following screen, tap the Emoji icon at the top.
- Navigate to the Stickers tab and select the Location sticker from the ‘Content Stickers’ section.
- On the Select Location screen, tap the ‘Select your current location’ option or manually select the location on the map.
- Your image/video will be enhanced with the location sticker. You can move the sticker around by dragging it. You can also change the style of the location sticker by tapping on it.