Is Your Device Compatibility Checked?
The first step in obtaining HarmonyOS 2.0 is determining whether or not your device is compatible. Initially, only select Huawei flagship devices could receive the new OS, but the list of compatible smartphones has since grown significantly. HarmonyOS 2 is now compatible with the vast majority of Huawei devices and a few Honor devices.
- With the success of HarmonyOS 2, it’s only natural that Huawei will look to further solidify its market position by releasing HarmonyOS 3. HarmonyOS 3 is expected to be significantly faster than the previous version, as well as include important UI upgrades.
- According to the Huawei roadmap, we can expect a stable version of HarmonyOS 3 around July 2022, with the Huawei Mate 50 devices receiving it first.
How to Get HarmonyOS 2.0
- Navigate to Settings and change your region to China via the Language settings.
- Navigate to Settings > System Updates and download the most recent updates (if available).
- If you don’t already have the My Huawei app, you can get it from the Huawei App Gallery.
- Launch the App Gallery, go to Me > Account Center > Settings and change your Country/Region to China.
- Restart your device for the changes to take effect.
- Reopen the App Gallery, tap Agree, and the app language will be changed to Chinese.
- Use a translator app to translate the Chinese text and read the user agreements and on-screen instructions.
- Complete the on-screen instructions, and HarmonyOS 2.0 will be installed on your Huawei phone.
- Open the My Huawei app and follow the on-screen instructions to update it (or select the red Update icon).
- Select Try it Now from the HarmonyOS update page, and then confirm the device model you’ve chosen.
- To finish installing HarmonyOS 2, follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the update download and installation are complete, reboot your device to allow the changes to effect.
HarmonyOS Is Huawei’s Future
Huawei has worked hard to make HarmonyOS a genuine alternative to Android, and it has been enormously successful, particularly in the Chinese market. Users will be able to use both Huawei and Android apps with HarmonyOS 2. There are over 134,000 apps in the HarmonyOS app store, and four million developers are ready to distribute apps.