It’s no secret that people in the modern world are rarely seen without their smartphones. Many people are proud of their flashy devices, but if you don’t take the necessary precautions, the condition of your phone will deteriorate.
10 Cleaning Methods to Restore Your Phone’s Appearance
1) Cleaning the Screen of a Smartphone
2) Creating a Do-It-Yourself Smartphone Screen Cleaning Solution
3) Cleaning Mild Phone Screen Scratches with a Magic Eraser
4) Using Glass Polish to Remove Scratches from a Smartphone
5) Scratch Protection for Your Smartphone
6) Using a Phone Cracked Glass Repair Kit
7) Using a Toothbrush to Clean Phone Speaker and Mic Grills
8) Cleaning the Phone’s USB and Headphone Ports with Compressed Air
9) Use a plastic toothpick to clean the dust from the USB and headphone ports.
10) Cleaning Glass Smartphone Stains
1. Cleaning the Screen of a Smartphone:
- A plethora of businesses sells alcohol-based smartphone screen cleaners and kits online.
- This allows you to clean your phone’s glass display without risking damage while also making the job simple.
- Cleaning kits of this type typically include a cleaning solution and a set of clothes.
- To get the best results for your smartphone, follow the instructions in your kit.
- These methods can also be used to clean the cameras on your smartphone.
2. Creating a Do-It-Yourself Smartphone Screen Cleaning Solution:
- Begin by making a solution of half distilled water and half isopropyl alcohol or vinegar.
- Apply a small amount of the solution to a microfiber cloth before gently rubbing the fabric on the phone’s screen in a circular motion.
- This will leave your smartphone’s screen sparkling clean.
3. Cleaning Mild Phone Screen Scratches with a Magic Eraser:
- Magic erasers can remove difficult stains from walls, floors, and other surfaces in the home.
- Gently rub your magic eraser in a circular motion on the scratches you’re trying to remove until they disappear.
- This method is only effective on minor scratches.
4. Using Glass Polish to Remove Scratches from a Smartphone:
- Cerium oxide glass polish, for example, is a good choice for deeper scratches.
- This type of polish is typically powdered and requires water to work properly.
- You can follow the instructions included with your glass polish, but you should also tape off any sensitive parts of your device.
- This will prevent the polish from entering speaker ports and other critical areas.
5. Scratch Protection for Your Smartphone:
- Avoiding scratches is always preferable to remove them.
- A screen protector is an inexpensive and simple way to keep your screen in pristine condition.
- You’ll need to look for a screen protector that’s compatible with the device you’re using, but we have some helpful tips for picking the best-tempered glass screen protector for your phone that you can read.
6. Using a Phone Cracked Glass Repair Kit:
- Superglue is a popular choice for cracked phone screen repairs, but it can get messy and damage your phone.
- A proper cracked glass repair kit is a far superior option.
- This type of kit is specifically designed for smartphones, but generic glass crack repair kits are also available.
- As long as you follow the instructions in your kit, either will work for your smartphone.
7. Using a Toothbrush to Clean Phone Speaker and Mic Grills:
- Toothbrushes are excellent for cleaning the awkward areas of your smartphone, making it simple to avoid causing accidental damage.
- With a toothbrush, you can easily remove dust from speaker and microphone grills.
- As long as you are gentle, the dust will disappear with just a few passes, leaving your phone looking brand new.
8. Cleaning the Phone’s USB and Headphone Ports with Compressed Air:
- When cleaning the USB and headphone ports on your smartphone, it makes sense to start with the safest option.
- Compressed air can remove dust without damaging your device, and it usually only takes a couple of blasts.
- Insert the nozzle of your compressed air can into the ports to be cleaned, releasing short bursts of air to dislodge dust.
- This may not remove everything, but the next tip may help.
9. Use a plastic toothpick to clean the dust from the USB and headphone ports:
- Plastic toothpicks are thin and non-conductive, making them ideal for getting into your phone’s tight ports.
- You can safely insert your toothpick into the ports on your device and use it to hook clumps of dust.
10. Cleaning Glass Smartphone Stains:
- Cleaning stains from glass is less difficult than you might think.
- Our first set of tips’ screen cleaning solutions will be ideal for this task.
- With more and more smartphones featuring glass backs, it’s good to keep a cleaning solution on hand.
Cleaning your smartphone is simple, but keeping it clean may be more difficult. But don’t worry: you can refer to these instructions whenever you need to clean your devices.