Your phone may be blocked due to the PTA’s laws and regulations, but don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world. All you have to do to unblock a phone blocked by PTA is read this article and follow the instructions.
Why was your phone blocked by PTA?
If your phone is not registered with PTA after a certain amount of time, it will most likely be blocked. Registering your phone is necessary because it allows the Pakistan Telecommunications Authority (PTA) to keep track of which devices have been legally imported and smuggled into Pakistan. In most cases, such phones carried by the owner while travelling from another country are unregistered with the PTA, and the appropriate tax must be paid to continue using them.
Your PTA Blocked Phone Can Be Unblocked
Here’s how to quickly unlock a phone that authorities have seized:
- Open the PTA official website by following this link.
- A menu can be found in the bottom right corner. To proceed, select the very last option, ‘Online Mobile Registration.’
- When you select this option, you will be redirected to a new tab to create a new account and sign up as a new user.
- Personal information such as your name, phone number, email address, postal address, city, passport number, CNIC, and password will be requested.
- Your registration will be complete once you have completed all of the fields in the form.
- An activation link will be emailed to you, allowing you to access your account.
- Register your phone by logging into your newly created account.
- It’s important to keep in mind that you can only register one free mobile phone per year. You’ll have to pay tax on any additional phones you want to register.
- Your IMEI number, which can be found on the phone box, will also be required.
- After you submit the form, you will receive a text message on your phone with your PSID number and COC ID information.
- If there is any tax due on your device, it will be mentioned in the SMS.
- You must pay the tax in any major Pakistani banking branch, such as MCB, ABL, or NBP, to complete the registration of your PTA blocked phone.
- Following payment, you will receive a text message confirming that the PTA has approved your phone.
What Taxes Do You Have to Pay?
The amount of tax you pay is determined by the cost of the device you’re using. Even if you brought a used phone from another country, its tax would be based on the current market rate.