In Messenger, you can send bold, italicized, or monospaced text messages:
- Highlight your Message
- Messenger Monospace Text
- How to Bold Text in Messenger
- In Messenger, send a code block.
- Use Messenger to send an italic text.
1. Highlight your Message:
- Messenger, like WhatsApp, allows you to send strikethrough messages.
- The strikethrough text represents sentence correction.
- To indicate that the text is no longer valid, use the Strikethrough text formatting.
- To strikethrough a message in Messenger, use a tilde () on both sides of the text.
2. Messenger Monospace Text:
- A Monospace font is one in which all of the letters and characters share the same horizontal space.
- To make your text easier to read, use the Monospace text formatting option.
- To use the Monospace text formatting, you must type a backtick (‘) before and after the text.
3. How to Bold Text in Messenger:
- Few people are aware that Messenger can also send code blocks.
- To send a code block in Messenger, insert it between three backticks (“‘).
4. In Messenger, send a code block.
- If you want to add bold text to Messenger, type an asterisk (*) before and after the text.
- Using the Bold text formatting option can help to highlight important words.
- Messenger will automatically format the text into Bold after entering the asterisk symbol at the beginning and end of the text.
5. Use Messenger to send an italic text:
- If you want to highlight specific names or phrases in a message, you must use italic formatting.
- To italicize text in Messenger, place it between underscore (_) and press the Send button.
- For instance, _Welcome to the .(Account name).