Using My Google Account, locate My Chromebook
- .You can view the Chromebook’s current position as long as it is connected to the internet.
- Open your Google Account page on a different device, like a computer, and log in.
- Go to the left side and choose Security.
- To choose from all the devices you’ve recently used to log into your Google account, scroll down to Your devices.
- The Manage devices option.
Choose the missing Chromebook.
- You can get details about the present condition of your Chromebook on the device page for Chromebooks.
- If Google accesses the Chromebook’s IP address, you can view its most recent location under Recent Activity.
- Choose to Sign out if you need to secure your Google account if your Chromebook is lost forever.
- Your Chromebook is no longer linked to your Google account.
- Your Google account cannot be accessed without the password of anyone who can access the Chromebook.
How to Connect to Your Stolen or Lost Chromebook from a Distance
- Launch Chrome on the computer you wish to use to connect to the Chromebook, then go to the Google Chrome Remote Desktop page.
- The Remote Access tab should be chosen.
- Website for Google Remote Access that highlights Remote Access
- Choose the blue down-facing triangle from the Set up Remote Access box.
- a Google Remote Access page with a marked downward arrow
- A tab for the Chrome Web Store will open. To add the Chrome Remote Desktop extension, choose to Add to Chrome.
- To confirm, select Add Extension.
- Add to Chrome is emphasised on the Chrome web shop
- Select Accept and Install, then confirm by choosing Yes.
- configuration of remote access with Accept & Install highlighted
It will download the installer package. Open it with a double click, then adhere to the installation instructions.
- highlighted Chrome remote desktop installer bundle
- Select Next after selecting a name for the host computer.
- A remote desktop showing the marked Next and Name fields
- Select Start and enter a PIN.
- Chrome Remote Desktop with Start highlighted and PIN entering
- Choose the Chrome Remote Desktop extension from the Chrome toolbar to share your screen with a Chromebook or another computer.
- Go to the Google Chrome Remote Desktop website on your Chromebook and choose Remote Access.
- Double-click the machine where remote access is already configured, and then enter the PIN you made.
- Choosing the arrow will connect.