How to Use Bluetooth to Play Audible Books on Google Home
- “Hey Google, pair Bluetooth,” you say.
- Google Assistant will respond through the speaker, saying something like, “Got it. To connect, go to Bluetooth settings and search for (your speaker name).”
- With the Audible app, enable Bluetooth on your device.
- Using the Audible app on your device, look for Bluetooth devices.
- Choose your Google Home speaker from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Wait for the speaker to connect to your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Open the Audible app on your device and begin listening to the book you want to hear.
- Set the if necessary.
How to Use the Google Home App to Play Audible Books on Google Home
- Check that your Google Home speaker and phone are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Select the Google Home or Nest speaker that will work with Audible.
- Select Cast my audio.
- Cast audio is selected.
- Select Start now.
- Use the Audible app to listen to an audiobook.
- Your speaker will receive the audiobook.
- If the audiobook does not play through your speaker, swipe down from the top of the screen and check that it says Casting Screen and Connected to Speaker (your Google Home speaker).
Is Google Home capable of playing Audible books?
Although Google Home devices do not natively support Audible books, you can listen to them on a Google Home speaker if you have the Audible app on your phone, tablet, or computer. The first method requires the Google Home app you used to set up your Google Home device, while the second uses Bluetooth.